We are pleased to announce Gerard & TS from Perth Blues Club Western Australia who will be joining us for the Festival of the Strings: Oz Invasion Tour.
Gérard Maunick – Guitarist/Vocalist/Songwriter
Blues | Funk | Reggae | Soul | World Music
“Probably the best description I could give you of Gérard is that if Jimi Hendrix & Bob Marley came back in the form of one person, that person would be Gérard. I have rarely met anyone with the love of music & people that Gérard has. A truly wonderful & talented guy, who plays like a demon, just amazing.” – John Ward, Independent Music Distributor, ‘Only Blues Music’
“Put simply, Gerard Maunick is a rare gem of a musician. Amazingly gifted not only as a player (guitar) and songwriter, but as a thoughtful and in-turn thought provoking human being.” – Mike Wafer – Xpress Magazine, Western Australia
“Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter Gerard Maunick, breaks all Musical Barriers. His live performance will leave you spellbound.” – WAMI – West Australian Music Industry Awards
“Gerard Maunick, a quality act and his Band, a strong, powerful and an explosive force. A magical blend of vocals, electric guitar, percussion and a touch of island grooves. Gerard and his Creole girl Tina-Simone, deliver a harmonic adventure to their songs as ‘BLUES FUSES SOUL – ROCK MEETS CREOL’.” – Bandwagon Roots & Blues
“The Gerard Maunick Band opened proceedings with a set that trod the muddy road between swampy rock and blues to funky soul and Creole, with Gerard’s feel-drenched guitar and soulful voice guiding the rhythm section that was tighter than tight, while absolutely grooving. The beautiful and talented Tina Simone joins the band on vocals and percussion, the harmonies riding over a sublime musical performance. Gerard is a master of his art, and his set showed the master in control of every facet of his music.”
– National Blues News Magazine
“Maunick sings in English, French and Mauritian Creole, offering an eclectic mix of funk, reggae, roots and blues. His sincere, driving musical performances are reminiscent of Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix. It is Gerard Maunick’s passion for music and commitment to delivering the best every time that makes him different from other artists and he has earned himself a strong following as a result.” – Indian-Ocean Gazette
MUSIC AWARD WINNER – Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Gerard Maunick
The West Australian Music Industry (WAMi) Award
Song Of The Year: – Blues Category
Song Title: – “SLIPPIN’ WITH THE BLUES”
Album: – VOODOO BREW
The Ottawa Blues Society (Ontario Canada) announced that in 2007 Gerard was a finalist at The Lakeside Blues Festival in Finland which has become one of Europe’s biggest blues festivals. Gerard was voted the general public’s favourite artist at the Festival.
The Man, The Music’ and his ‘Voodoo Brew’ mystic, Mauritian born, Gerard Maunick comes alive and caresses his story of melting pots & simmering fires, howling moons & spirits arising on this album. Hypnotic fingers, effortlessly works its magic over Fender (Stratocaster) … the pleasure will be all yours.
- Joined ‘Healing Force’ with Lindsay Wells on guitar, Harris Cambell from New Zealand on bass, Glen Walsh on drums.
- Was a part of super funk fusion band ‘Harlequin’ with Bruce Johnson on keys, Lindsay Wells on guitar, Harris Cambell on lead vocals & percussion, Paul Pooley on bass and Paul Johnson from the internationally acclaimed jazz trio ‘The Peddlers’ on drums.
- Duo with Scottish bassist George Stout. (Marcia Hines Band)
- Band ‘That’s It’ with Keith Vangeyzel on Keys, Mark Sadler on Keys, Freddy Grigson on guitar and vocals, George on bass and vocals and Glen Walsh on drums and vocals. (Funk Jazz Fusion)
- Release of first solo album ‘Harlequin Blues’. Winner of three major WA Rock awards. (Best Album, Best Production & John Villani winning Best Engineer for the album)
- In the early 90’s became a founding member of rock blues band ‘Powershift’ with Michael Vdelli on guitar and vocals, John Kendall on bass and Mark Greenwood on drums.
- Release of CD, ‘Powershift live at Gobbles’ with Michael Vdelli and new line-up, Billy Blisset on keys & vocals, Roy Daniels on bass and Ric Whittle on drums.
- Jazz & Funk band, ‘The Blue thing’ with Tony Borthwick on sax and flute, Roy Martinez on bass and Paul Maybury on drums with a change of line-up in 1998 with Robbie Pizzano and Glen Walsh on Drums.
- did a short stint with ‘Vdelli’
- Formed the ‘Gerard Maunick Band’ with partner percussionist/vocalist Tina-Simone.
- Toured the Eastern States with Band, featuring Tina-Simone, Bob Patient on keys, John Wilson on bass and Rudy Miranda on drums (Dave Hole/Mal Eastick/Doc Neeson)
- Album release – ‘Soul Kreol’
- Headlining Artist – The Great Southern Blues & Rockabilly Festival, Narooma NSW
- Song ‘I Tell You Woman’ featured on Blues at Bridgetown compilation CD
- Headlining Artist – Australian Blues Festival, Goulburn NSW
- Headlining Artist – Blues At Bridgetown Festival, Bridgetown WA
- Release CD ‘Voodoo Brew’.
- WAMi Song of the Year Winner – Category Roots/Blues. The track: ‘Slippin’ With The Blues’ from CD ‘Voodoo Brew’
- Reformed Band with Scottish Bassist George Stout and Ric Eastman on drums
- Song ‘War’ featured on Groove Magazine compilation CD
- Song ‘Am I Crazy’ featured on Blue Tongue Records compilation CD
- Travelled to Finland for the Heritage International blues song contest. Voted ‘Favourite Artist’ by the public. Voted ‘Favourite Artist’ by the Artists.
- Revamped the band with John Trotter on drums (The Manfred Mann Earth band, Hot Chocolate and White Snake)
- Began recording “World Citizen” (Luke Steele – Producer)
- Performed at The Bridgetown Blues Festival (late 2009)
- CD Release WORLD CITIZEN
Deep Purple | Matt Taylor | Jimmy Barnes | Johnny Johnson | Don Walker | Sade | Jungle Funk (Living Colour)